Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have called me back and are now cancelling my contract for no reason

Well, Virgin called me back this afternoon and have told me that their services are not available at my new address, even though we checked this at least 3 times. Therefore, they are cancelling my contract, without my consent. We have a connection from outside coming into the property and the 2/3 of the previous owners had Virgin at our new address. Can anything be done? 

We need to get our internet, TV and phone going as my husband is working from home and I have some telephone doctors appointments lined up for my kids.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin have called me back and are now cancelling my contract

Hello,

Sorry to hear about this, I am a virgin technician (71786). Did you receive an engineer to come do your install? If so did they state you couldn't have the services?

Also did they issue you an account number,  if so please pm me it with your site area code then I will look into this for you.

Kind regards

J

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi J, 

My account number [removed]. We just moved home and Virgin have now cancelled my contract for no reason. I don't understand why they can't connect the services because we checked with them at least 3 times and confirmed that Virgin is available at the new property with up to 500mbps, when we renewed our contract. My home number has been given to the hospital and GP for my 8 month old son's allergies and I have a few telephone appointments lined up for him, as sometimes my mobile signal is poor. This is very frustrating for me.

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Do you also have your area id code which is a two digit number which will be with your account number via any emails or correspondence through the post we would have sent to you so I can look into this for you.

Kind regards

J

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin have called me back and are now cancelling my contract for no reason

Just an update: received 4 phone calls since last post, 1 from Virgin Media retention department, 3 from tech team and all surprised that why our contract has been cancelled but no one giving any hope that they can activate our service in this new address. Virgin customer services have new hired staff and they don't know a single thing about customer service and where they can not solve any issue they just cancelling Loyal customers contracts. 

I have virgin box out side property and line coming in the living room. Just need someone to activate this I have all equipment and boxes and they just forcefully cancel my contract and leaving me in Limbo. from last two days I was trying to hold hospital help line to request to call on my mobile for my baby appointment and couldn't manage it through. It is ridiculous Three our next door neighbours have virgin line one of technician confirmed that but they haven't issue us new contract number up till now. 

Any one who can hold on customer service please help. I am worried I will lose my landline number permanently. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin have called me back and are now cancelling my contract for no reason

Thanks for the update shahr0012, when you spoke to all of these different agents were any of them able to give you any idea as to why we aren't able to install you?

Did they mention if it was a property or area issue? From what you have said and previous tenants having service it may be the area that is over subscribed.

Rob 

0 Kudos