cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin for Business broadband and VOIP

mda99das
Up to speed

We have been let down by BT trying to install VOIP system for our NHS clinic, unfortunately my manager didn't realise the people flogging the package are BT affiliates and it's just been let down after let down. Max speed we get on VDSL is approx 62 meg. I realise with Virgin the biggest factors are the quality of the cable from the cabinet to your home and the density of the number of connections inside the cabinet. Unfortunately the area outer London borough close to a large airport very very high population density lots of illegal HMOs etc does not give me much confidence. The cabinet is about 20m away from our premises and if you were to venture to the back of the parade of shops it's a total mess cables everywhere. I've seen the cabinet open a couple of times rammed full of cables with multiple splitters. What do I do? The NHS have stopped supplying N3 lines so data is encrypted and sent via a VPN. They advise to contact your preferred broadband supplier. Looking for a reliable connection and low latency so data can be seen quickly. What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

I am not aware of a VM Business forum.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

What exactly are you looking for ?

1) Where to source a new VOIP service / platform ?
2) Or an answer to can VOIP be run over a VM Internet connection ?   ( It can we have 3 VOIP numbers )

Is Virgin business reliable given my findings above? We are looking at migrating away from copper based line aka POTS to VoIP. Reliability is crucial as we will be delivering NHS services.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not the VM Business Forum, it's for Residential customers, so the number of Business users here will be very small.  Delivering a crucial VoIP solution will, I would have thought, will need at least two ISP supplies for redundancy, not to mention UPS solutions as well. Personally I wouldn't rely on a single point of failure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

VM Business does have an SLA for restoring the service I'm sure you have seen that.

Where the internet is business critical it is well worth considering VM Business Internet + BT FTTC / VDSL so you have a back up that is ready to use or even on automatic failover.

is there a VM business forum, I cant seem to find one!

Client62
Legend

I am not aware of a VM Business forum.