I just moved house. My house is a newly built house and I opted for Virgin because BT said they cannot provide fiber broadband to my new house. I signed the contract with virgin media, vivid 200 at £37 per month on 27th March 2019. On the day I moved in, I found out that the house does not have compatible virgin socket, so I gave Virgin a call and they said they will get someone to visit my house. On 1st April someone apparently came to the front of my house, confirmed that we don't have the cable and decided a new appointment on 23rd April. On 23rd April there was a team of engineers came and they reaffirmed that virgin does not have the cable to my house. They said the cabling team will do it within 10 days. However 1 month just passed and nothing has ever been done. I gave virgin many calls and on 22nd May they sent 1 engineer to my house. The guy re-confirmed that we do not have virgin cable to our house. I have filed a complaint using web service from virgin on 8th May 2019. My question is what should I do in this situation? Should I sue Virgin for lack of reasonable care and skill in providing or trying to provide services? They are still taking money from my bank account every month. I have waited for nearly 2 months and no services or any update whatsoever.
In addition to nodrogd's comments, no point in talking about suing VM. They have had their contracts written by highly paid lawyers to cover all eventualities, there will be caveats to ensure they have a get out clause for these delays. Assuming you'd take the risk of suing VM (if they defend the claim, you could end up paying their costs), before you get that far the court should throw out your claim even if it is valid unless you've given the company reasonable chance to resolve things, AND you've then followed VM's complaints policy including escalating to arbitration via the CISAS service. All of that takes time, so it probably won't help you, although is cost and risk free to you and costs VM money if the complaint is investigated. You might get a few quid compensation (I'd guess £30-50), you might not - in this case my suggestion is similar to nodrogd's, that you sit tight, and let VM work things out. It isn't ideal, but why complicate your life further with formal complaints and arbitration submissions?