Menu
riverboat2001
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin failed to install for the second time. Shocking lack of communication

Three years ago, i moved into my house (built in 1984, so not a new house) When i tried to get Virgin on the checker, it said I could get it and so i booked an installation.

The date arrived, Virgin didn't turn up. I phoned up and was told it would take 8 weeks for the installation. No apology for letting me down, no communication whatsoever. So I went with a different supplier.

My current deal is about to expire, so i booked an installation date with Virgin, thinking, they can't be as bad this time. Hah.

So on the 9th of July I signed up. Installation was booked for the 24th of July. Was really looking forward to getting fast internet and had signed a great deal.

Obviously from this post, it was a no show. Phoned up and this time they sent an engineer to look at the issue, which I'd already explained over the phone.....

The Virgin cable stops about 10 meters from my property, as does the pavement, so, they have to close off about 2ft of pavement and cross about 7 meters of a road that has about 30 cars a day drive down it. It's an un-adopted road, so the council doesn't own it. My house has half on the council owned side (where the service would be installed) and half on the unadopted road side) The four houses on the street pay for it's maintenance. 

When the engineer arrived he asked me why he was there? As apparently I'd booked an engineer. He looked at the problem and said he'd "speak to his boss"

Now, Virgin took all my details, and set up a direct debit,  and sent me emails with my installation date, and reference details, I can no longer login as my email address and password don't exist.

This really is a shockingly bad example of customer service. To make matters worse, I booked a day off and gave my current supplier 30 days notice.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin failed to install for the second time. Shocking lack of communication

the minute you start using words like un-adopted roads and digging up pavements you are asking for problems with VM 

the former they will not install on or cross [usually] - at best you will need wayleave from the 4 houses that maintains it i would guess - have you obtained that 

if any council land needs work then that will need planning and permission thats usually 6 to 8 weeks for permission - you need to talk to the install dept and see exactly what they want 

i dont think they will install it as things stand - the 7 metres of road is the problem imo - they are not going to dig a trench for one cable - it will be rejected on cost grounds i think

the only way this is going to have a chance [imo] is you lay a duct across the road to the pavement - whether pre install can help and advise on that i have no idea 

Tony
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin failed to install for the second time. Shocking lack of communication

Wait until tomorrow then phone the Pre-installation & Delivery team on 08000 521 734 and ask them what is going on.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

From your post you never let them complete the first installation so as soon as you cancelled they cancelled all work required so it would be pretty obvious that you'll need this work again the second time. I don't see how that's poor customer service?

Saying that they hate installing on unadopted roads anyway as its typically too much paperwork and too costly unless theres a good roi figure behind it . 

0 Kudos