cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect App

SarahB6
Joining in

Hi,  I paused my sons desktop computer connection to the broadband using the connect app - the desktop does not have WIFI and the internet ethernet cable plugs into a box which has a cable going into the back of the hub (desktop is upstairs).  Struggled to get it to un-pause when it eventually did my sons desktop will now not receive the connection even though the app says it is connected and the connection is apparently great!  I have reset hub, taken out all cables, tried different ethernet cables, all the usual. Have rang virgin media and got passed to 7/8 people with no luck!  eventually after around 2 hours they said give it 24 hours and it will be fixed - I've given it 48 hours and still not fixed, any one any ideas?  I'm not a tech person at all and I'm at the end of my tether with it!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pausing a device just blocks the MAC address of the NIC on the desktop.  So, a reset should fix this as it resets everything on the Hub back to "out of the box".

So, try the full factory reset as below, and do NOT reboot the Hub, it will reboot itself at the correct time.

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

As for the app, I wouldn't use it, and would prefer to manage any connections via the Admin console of the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pausing a device just blocks the MAC address of the NIC on the desktop.  So, a reset should fix this as it resets everything on the Hub back to "out of the box".

So, try the full factory reset as below, and do NOT reboot the Hub, it will reboot itself at the correct time.

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

As for the app, I wouldn't use it, and would prefer to manage any connections via the Admin console of the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SarahB6
Joining in

Thanks this worked!  happy son, happy mum 🙂 deleted app!