cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin charged activation fees twice after booking an engineer because home cable was faulty.

resolvevgin
Joining in

Hi I am a first time virgin customer. Initially I applied for broadband at my new house. When we got the broadband box we noticed that the virgin cable box was broken and therefore we contacted virgin media but the person upsold us to a to package and assured that there will be no extra charges apart from the engineers call in charge for 30 pounds. However upon receiving the first bill in the other charges section activation fees of £35 was charged twice. So we contacted virgin again over phone and we got transferred 4 times and everyone from different departments gets confused but reach no resolution. How do we resolve this. We are still less than 28 days in our contract but over 14 days but so far the experience with virgin is just annoying. The bill does not breakdown how it’s summed up. Another thing is this months charge for services is 45.60 and in my accounts section it says next months charge will be 51 pounds. 

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @resolvevgin,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear there is some confusion over your billing since joining us. We can understand the frustration caused as a new customer and we want to help.

I have been able to access your service on our system and I can see you recently contacted our team regarding this. Has the issue been resolved with our team? Do you need any further help regarding this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The issue is pending resolution as a customer service rep has assured us that the account is credited £35 for the next months bill. Let’s wait and watch.

Hi resolvevgin,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear you have been able to get this resolved, you will be able to see the credit when added on your Online Account.

If you do need any further support please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.