Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin changing my bundle after im in contract !!!!!

Had an email from care@virginmedia.co.uk stating that I am now not eligible for the Oomph bundle and that from 01/01/2021 they will be putting me on Maxit tv and on 200gb broadband. Ive only had it just over 1 month.

Is this email legit as I had to send i.d in and get accepted for the bundle which they did now I get this email after I am out of my cancellation period.

Surely this cannot happen and also charge me the same amount monthly for a minimal package.

I went through all the credit checks and everything before they gave me the account.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin changing my bundle after im in contract !!!!!

These "didn't get the deal I agreed" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was agreed, whether they like it or not.  There are no "get out of jail" clauses for VM, such as the agent got it wrong, deal not available to you or other nonsense.

Hopefully the forum staff can pick this up and get it sorted - by which I mean that you get exactly the deal you were promised, not some less attractive compromise.  That would be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation.  If they don't pick this up and get it sorted in that complete manner, you need to search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice.  

If you do need to raise a formal complaint (I suggest in writing, by recorded post), reject the contract they're trying to impose, and demanding that as per your legal rights the company honour what was promised, and pointing out that if the company can't honour its agreement you request they issue a deadlock letter to allow you to immediately escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  In the meanwhile, don't do anything daft like stopping your direct debit, that'll be recorded as a credit default, and opens up whole new realms of difficulty for you.  Don't worry if VM contact you claiming that they couldn't get hold of you, so will close the complaint if they don't hear to the contrary, this doesn't stop you being able to take the matter further.

If VM still won't honour the contract despite the complaint, or say they're going to close the complaint, then you follow the process and escalate to the industry arbitration scheme.  If they haven't issued a deadlock letter then you will need to wait eight weeks after your initial complaint was received by VM, otherwise CISAS won't be able to accept the complaint.  Explain the background and request that VM be required to give you the promised deal, fully backdated, and add on a request for compensation for the hassle.  Not only does escalation to CISAS cost VM money (free to you, costs are ALWAYS paid by the company) but it gets your case investigated and impartially heard by expert dispute resolution staff.   Sadly, if it goes that far it is not quick, on the other hand your legal rights are very clear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@longywongy wrote:

Had an email from care@virginmedia.co.uk stating that I am now not eligible for the Oomph bundle and that from 01/01/2021 they will be putting me on Maxit tv and on 200gb broadband. Ive only had it just over 1 month.

Is this email legit as I had to send i.d in and get accepted for the bundle which they did now I get this email after I am out of my cancellation period.

Surely this cannot happen and also charge me the same amount monthly for a minimal package.

I went through all the credit checks and everything before they gave me the account.

Unfortunately it'll be connected to the other issue you've posted about over here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Oomph-Sim-not-received/m-p/4468565#M181969

An Oomph package must include the Virgin Mobile SIM. If for whatever reason there isn't a SIM, then the cable services don't qualify for the Oomph bundle price.

There are account checks done to ensure that Oomph accounts have an active SIM linked to them. That's why you've had the email.

I've escalated this topic to see if the forum team can help resolve this for you can make sure you keep your Oomph bundle.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply, I enquired about not having the Sim and basically got told I am not eligible for the Sim as my credit wouldn't allow it.

Yet when I applied for Virgin media services, it was passed on another team and they asked me to send in my i.d etc and then they confirmed the Oomph bundle, so surely they did a credit check then and could have picked up if I wasn't eligible for the Sim.

Its so frustrating the service I've received already they still haven't sorted out my install properly(from another post) everytime they send someone out they contact their manager who is going to sort it but never does, 3 people have been out and 3 people have not done the work that needs doing.

Unfortunately all this makes me wish I'd stayed with Sky

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply,

It is so frustrating expecially after I had all the credit checks done to have the services in the first place.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well the new contract has been put on to my account,

Just to rub salt in the wounds, they have put me on Maxit tv, SD Sports & movies, extra box.

200gb broadband for £76 a month from Januarym I am only paying £71 atm for the Oomph bundle 😞

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, if they said you were eligible and created the account and now have decided your not eligible and changed your account I would say it was clear cut that they should allow you to terminate your contract on that basis, then you can go back to Sky (or take out a different contract with VM) 

Hopefully the VM forum team will sort this out for you, if not, I feel a formal complaint would be in order, but I wouldn't submit it yet as the forum team are pretty good at sorting things out 🙂 

Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin changing my bundle after im in contract !!!!! Can forum team help Pls

Can the forum team help with this please.

Thankyou

0 Kudos