cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin can't reactivate Hub 3 even though new Hub 5 doesn't work?

Bobbetybob
Joining in

I received a Hub 5 yesterday that's dead on arrival. Constant blinking white light even after activating and leaving it plugged in for 2 hours, have switched on/off, tried to reset etc etc. Virgin have arranged for a technician to arrive on Monday which is fine except the only way I can be in on Monday is to work from home, which I can't do because I have no internet.

I've asked them this morning if they can reactivate the perfectly good Hub 3 and have been told it's not possible which seems ridiculous to me. Has anyone else had old kit reactivated, is there some other department that I need to speak to?

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Bobbetybob wrote:

I received a Hub 5 yesterday that's dead on arrival. Constant blinking white light even after activating and leaving it plugged in for 2 hours, have switched on/off, tried to reset etc etc. Virgin have arranged for a technician to arrive on Monday which is fine except the only way I can be in on Monday is to work from home, which I can't do because I have no internet.

I've asked them this morning if they can reactivate the perfectly good Hub 3 and have been told it's not possible which seems ridiculous to me. Has anyone else had old kit reactivated, is there some other department that I need to speak to?

Yes, they can reactivate old kit.

I've had two people now tell me that it's not possible, is there some magic words I need to be using, should I "ask to speak to a manager"? 

@Bobbetybob wrote:

I've had two people now tell me that it's not possible, is there some magic words I need to be using, should I "ask to speak to a manager"? 

No idea to be honest, however there are several threads on here where people have had to revert back to their old HUB from a HUB 5.

@Bobbetybob wrote:

No magic words, just follow the telephone prompts for ‘thinking of leaving us’, you have a better chance of getting through to someone trained not to lie to customers! As stated above, it is perfectly possible to revert back to an earlier hub, the main issue appears to be that VM’s offshore call centre staff simply don’t know how to do it - presumably it’s not an option on their canned, scripted responses, so they are stuck and simply follow an, alas, all too common method, of just making stuff up.

Hi Bobbetybob,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're received a unusable SH5 and that you have been advised we are unable to re-connect you back to your SH3.

You advised you had a technician's appointment today, has the engineer managed to resolve the issue? Are you now able to connect to the internet using your SH5?

Please let me know.

Kind regards Jodi.