Menu
myd7526
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin cables behind wall

Hi, we recently bought a house that is in a Virgin Media area.

The house has an ancient wallbox in a pretty inconvenient location. We are completely renovating the property so we are wondering if it is possible to have the wall box moved and keep the cables behind the wall? 

Would be a shame if we renovated everything and then had to run cables on the walls.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin cables behind wall

you can request an engineer come out and move the wall point, it'll cost £99 for the visit though.
i doubt they'll install behind walls, but you can do the pre-work for that and put in the draw-strings so that you can pull the cable thru behind the wall yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin cables behind wall

Hi there,

If you are currently a customer we can certainly help you get the current boxes moved but if you would like them burying in walls then this would be something you would need to do yourselves.

if you are planning on becoming a customer of ours then it would be the best option to sign up prior to completing the renovation to give us an opportunity to install new boxes where you would like them. Again if you would like cables buried in walls you would need to do that part.

If you would like any support with this please let me know.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos