cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin broadband cutting out between 12am and 7am

billglen2003
Joining in

Hi My broadband has been disconnecting between 12 and 7am. I run a 24hr server and in morning my remote desktop is asking me to log back in which indicates internet has cut off at some point. it is fine during day with no issues, can someone help me ? I have logged it with broadband team and they are monitoring but I have downloaded think broadband and no idea how this works or if it indicates it has cut off

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c187c7d07f7b36ee7c141c7fd246597e940315a7-28-03-2023

here is graph is someone can help 

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's quite common to have a short break during the early hours, when VM does network maintenance and switching to minimise disruption to users.

But it shouldn't happen regularly. How long has this been going on? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi

I only got Virgin in last Wednesday

It happened on Thursday and Friday when my 24hr server had cut out on remote desktop and I had to log back in which indicates my internet has went down. Saturday, Sunday and Monday was fine but it happened again this morning. The thing is I need my internet to be on 24/7 and cant have any disruptions at all. If its something that Virgin does which is switches off internet and reboots on a daily basis then this wont be for me however its just strange that this never occured with Sky who I was with for over a year. Im still within 14 day cooling off so if not sorted ill just cancel I suppose which is a shame as speeds are very good so I dont know what to do now

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like VM maintenance at the ‘headend’. Wait to see if a VM staff member can give any further details, will be 2 or 3 days.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

You are on a residential contract with no guarantees on 24/7 availability. You could investigate what VM Business can do for you as an SLA is provided plus an O2 4G dongle for instant backup.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The only snag with Virgin Business is that it runs on the same network.  The SLA should provide a quicker fault repair, but it doesn't guarantee the break-free service you are looking for. And 02 may not provide sufficient speed for your server.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah ill wait and see over next few days, just messaging to see if this was a common issue with Virgin since im new customer

Yeah i get that however i was with sky fibre and never had any issues of this sort. I appreciate reply, ill wait and see response of vm broadband team as they said they will monitor

ok thankyou