Menu
tatej9
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin broadband availability

Hi, I'm I am in the process of purchasing a new house and would like to install the fastest virgin media broadband when I move in. However, when I use the postcode checker for my potential future home, I get the following message:

"We're pretty sure you'll be able to get your perfect Virgin Media package, but we'll need to get a bit more info first. Just pop your details in below and we’ll be in touch within ten working days to tell you what services are available there."

Does this generally indicate that VM broadband cannot be installed at the address? I would really appreciate an indication of whether VM broadband might be available before I complete the purchase - is this something someone can please assist me with?

Many thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin broadband availability

Hi there

Happy to take a look for you

I'll pop over a private to take a some details.

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
laxity
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same situation. The house opposite from the house we are buying has Virgin Media broadband with an active contract but the prospect seems to suggest we can't get it which is crazy if the house opposite and another down the road has it. I've been with Virgin for over 20+ years and I'm concerned we won't be able to get services. Is there anything that can be done to escalate this for a more detailed evaluation please?

Thanks.

Richard.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting, and I'm sorry to hear we don't currently offer the service at the property you're moving to. 

We would advise to contact our sales team on 0800 183 1234 to see if we can arrange a spotter.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Gliff007
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I feel like this is exactly our situation 😄 We've found a house we like, but I see this message on Virgin's website.

Annoyingly the house we're interested in only has standard speed broadband (10mbps) - so following up on our interest sort of relies on knowing that Virgin Media is available. (Long term Virgin customer here too).

Is there a good way to find out about this in advance of purchasing a house?
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gliff007, if you call and speak with our Sales teams on 0800 183 1234 they may be able to arrange a Spotter to come and reassess what can be done to service the property.

Tom 

0 Kudos