Menu
Shona776
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Super Hub 4

Superhub is not fantastic as promised. It keeps dropping connection with Sky Q box. Is my Hub faulty? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Super Hub 4

its a hub4 not a SH4 maybe they knew that - but that apart whats dropping wired connections or wifi - if its wifi have you split the bands and turned off smart wifi - not sure thats available as never seen the UI on the hub4 but if it is turn it off

and post the levels - on a hub3 its

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

would assume the 4 is similar

Tony
0 Kudos
Shona776
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I'm useless and don't understand what UI is on Hub 4 or how to log in to it. It was meant to be plug in and go, its working otherwise just losing connection with Sky Q box

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

it is plug in and go but to get the best out of any of VM's hubs you need to set a few things up - the 1st being splitting the wifi

why have you gone to the hub4 - have you upgraded to 1gig or have they sent it to solve a problem - if the latter what was the problem - they revert to plan 1 which is whatever the problem [nearly] send out a new hub - in some cases that helps - in most cases it does nothing as the problem is nothing to do with the hub

how do you connect to the skyQ box - wifi?

Tony
0 Kudos
Shona776
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

All of a sudden the connection on my old Hub started to fail, constant flashing green light, I didnt complain cause it was still working OK with TV and everything else. They emailed offering fantastic new Hub so I took it.

Sky Q is connected to Hub by WiFi.

Thanks Tony

0 Kudos
bradbury1982
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am having same problem too it not constant i took as upgrade but older 1 seem to work better its so annoying

0 Kudos
Shona776
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Really considering putting old one back but bet it won't work 🤔 

0 Kudos
bradbury1982
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am too still havent sent it back
0 Kudos
bradbury1982
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

HI Tony how do we split the wifi
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

to split the wifi - log in go to wifi settings and name one of the bands differently - at the same time look for smart wifi and turn it off - save and log out - you can then connect to which band you want rather than the one the hub thinks is best

to putting the old hub back on - it will have been deactivated from your account so if you connect it it will not work - if you ring and push they can re activate it but you will have to insist

Tony
0 Kudos