cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media wall socket set up

sophieboulter1
Just joined

Urgent: need WiFi ASAP!

I ordered a broadband only package because it said I was applicable for a self install kit. But I have no Virgin Media Wall sockets in my house. 

I've looked everywhere but can't see a way to book an engineer for this, and attempted to call customer service but was never spoken with. 

Thank you very much for directing me to where I can make an appointment!

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. A couple of past examples are below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-wall-socket/td-p/5395897

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-virgin-media-wall-socket/m-p/5395697#M...

The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 explain the problem and request a tech visit to install a socket.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sophieboulter1.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to find the internal connection needed for your quick start kit.

Can I just ask if you have been able to get in touch with the team since your post?

If not, please let me know and I will be able to arrange a visit.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I have had the same issue, would you be able to contact me and help me arrange a visit?

Thanks

Hi @ot2000 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. 

I can see that you were supported on your own thread by one of our helpful community members. Please do let us know if you need any further support. 

If a quickstart kit was available for you, this means that there was once a Virgin Media, NTL or Telewest service at the property previously. There should then be an wall socket/faceplate in the home with one of these three logo's on it which you can use to install the kit. 

If the property has been renovated or split into flats, then the wall socket may have been removed. If so, then if you rent the property, please get in touch with your landlord to see if they are happy to have another faceplate installed. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley