Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media socket

Hi there,

I have setup an account, onliny on my own, with Virgin a few days ago as it's the only provider in the building that I will be moving to. I collected today the router kit and realised that it's connected via a classic cable (I wasn't aware) however, my flat currently has only a BT socket. 

I am wondering if someone from the community and the Virgin team could help me ASAP as I am worried that if I stay without internet for a long time if might create problems with my work. You see I am Working from home, as quite a few of us, and I need a good and stable connection. Also, is this the only type of modem that Virgin provide or are there other options too?

I am trying to get in touch with someone either online or via phone but with no luck so far and the auto helper is not...so helpful.

I would appreciate any help really as it's really urgent.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media socket

For VM to send you a router your property must have had Virgin Media services in the past. Can you check in cupboards etc that there is no cable? It doesn't necessarily have to be a socket. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply Z92.

I will be going back to the new flat in a few hours, as I haven't moved in officially yet. I am on the same page as you are, in order for VM to send me a router in first place, another tenant should have used it in the past and therafter a cable/socket should be available.

Do you happen to have any photos or even online examples on what exactly I should be looking for? As far as I recall at least in the reception area it's just the BT socket haven't seen any VM ones, which worries me a bit.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Somethng like this (The below is an example where an additional adapter was required):

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Carl,

Ok I will keep this in mind while checking in a few hours from now. In the unfortunate event that there is no VM socket and/or cable already installed what should be the next steps? Are there any links and/or dial in numbers that I could get in touch with a VM employee to help me out cause right now given the Covid-19 too seems that they are relying only on automated services and that deffo won't do the trick for me.

Cheers,
A
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@AlexSM wrote:
Thanks Carl,

Ok I will keep this in mind while checking in a few hours from now. In the unfortunate event that there is no VM socket and/or cable already installed what should be the next steps? Are there any links and/or dial in numbers that I could get in touch with a VM employee to help me out cause right now given the Covid-19 too seems that they are relying only on automated services and that deffo won't do the trick for me.

Cheers,
A

You have three options:

• Wait for a VM staff member to reply on here (Currently 5 - 7 days).
  • Text VM on 07533 051 809.
  • Phone customer services on 0345 454 1111.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You would normally expect something like this:

s1mYDt5

However, sometimes the box is missing (as the owner has repainted/etc) and only the cable is available, or in the worst case, the owner has disconnected the service and cut the cable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Carl, most appreciated.

If you don't mind guys I will keep this post open and try to follow up laten on today with any updates.

I would appreciate if I could pick up your thoughts as I assume you are already VM customers.

Talk to you soon.

Alex
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@AlexSM wrote:
Cheers Carl, most appreciated.

If you don't mind guys I will keep this post open and try to follow up laten on today with any updates.

I would appreciate if I could pick up your thoughts as I assume you are already VM customers.

Talk to you soon.

Alex

No worries. Yes, I've been with VM for some time.

If you aren't sure on anything take pictures!

0 Kudos