Menu
ehangeto4
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media set up

Hey.

I've got a question about setting up Virgin Media stuff. I moved into a new place and was told I needed to set up internet. I saw it still had a Virgin media connection (well, UPC, but found out that's just an older model) going into the wall. I also found a router from Virgin in a cupboard. I tried plugging it in but obviously no real connection (could get wifi on but no actual access).

So I sign up online for their broadband and get told I need an engineer round. My question is, why? I already have the connection and router and it really seems they just need to turn a switch. I asked their customer support to just give me access and I'll do the rest myself, but they told me that if I cancel the engineer I'll also cancel the order.

So is it just me or is this guy gonna come to my house, look around 2 minutes, nod and say "Yup looks fine!" and then call to have it activated? Cause I'm forced to take out a damn vacation day just for that.

Or is there something more complicated needed to be done? Customer support could not really answer me much.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media set up

Hi there,

Let me take a look into this for you.

I will send you a private message so I can take some personal info and can check whats happening here. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos