cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media postcode checker - how often is it updated?

StartledLemon
Joining in

Hello,

I'm trying to get VM facilities to a new build. I called VM Sales a couple of months ago and was told that nothing could be done until the new build had a postcode, which it didn't at the time. However, as of ~2 weeks ago the property now has a postcode according to Royal Mail's postcode checker.

So I call VM Sales again only to be told that their systems are still not recognising the new property. Sure enough, VM's Broadband Postcode Checker is not seeing the new house number.

Does anyone know how soon after a new address appears in Royal Mail's postcode checker can I expect VM's systems to recognise the new address?

Many thanks,

/Neil 

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Neil 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there have been some issues with your new address showing on the Postcode Checker for both our Sales Team and online.

New Build premises are usually added shortly after the address appears on Royal Mail's Postcode search - it's approximately 30 days, but this isn't always the case. If the development is due to have Virgin Media services installed, then the address may only be added closer to the date that it is due to go live - in which case, we cannot provide an estimated time.

Our Sales Team are able to request an update to the Housefiles Registry we have, so it may be worth giving them a call once more to ask for this to be completed. Please let us know how things go.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ