cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media isn’t available at your new address (but it actually is)

alex202020
Tuning in

I'm moving home and want to keep my broadband service but get the message "It looks like Virgin Media isn’t available at your new address". However, the property looks to be supplied with VM cable already and the neighbouring properties in the street are showing on the database as connected and available.

I've tried with Live Chat 5 times now, but no luck making progress to get to the bottom of it, although one time they did acknowledge that broadband should in fact be available and they would pass it on to another team, but no reply.

I really want to sort this out as soon as possible but live chat really isn't working well so far.

46 REPLIES 46

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tonerrr 

The best thing to do is to give the movers team another call and explain that you need a spotter to attend the property to see if we can service it. 

They should be able to chase up this request for you. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy, 

I'll put a third request in...

See my point? I've had nothing but trouble every time I've had to contact you guys it's really disappointing. I need internet for work and I'm getting nowhere. I'd rather just pay it off and get new Internet if I can't get help. I did say this on the phone when making the second request after not hearing back the first time... 

Call came in today to say they aren't sending a spotter and there are 6 houses on my street that cannot be connected and mine is one of them. Do you know why this is? There are a hundred houses on my street and our house is no different to the rest? I was advised I should see what BT have to offer?! Apparently 'further construction necessary'? On a street where the houses all have connection? 

Can someone help plz 

Hi Tonerrr

Thanks for coming back to the thread. That sounds like construction work needed but wouldn't be cost effective from what you've said. Apologies but we wouldn't be able to over-ride what you've been advised.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John, 

How would they need construction when the house joined on has it! 

I've now been told by a different advisor  they are sending out a spotter.

Can you check if this is actually on my file? This is becoming a joke

Hadarak
Joining in

Hello Virgin team 
Can you help me I got a problem my address show like its not virgin available but all houses around got virgin .
thank you for your help

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hadarak 

Of course we can check this for you

I'll send over a private message to take some details then we'll go from there

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, other flats in the same property are using VM, but not available for my flat.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @acl92 

Happy to look into this for you

I’ll send over a private message to take some details

Thanks,

Christy

dasher27
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue as above. Can someone take a look at this please?

Thanks!