cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media isn’t available at my new home address, but two neighbours can use your broadband....

ryanwu
Joining in

Hi,

I used the postcode checker and my house number (1st floor) isn’t shown on your system, but two of neighbours (ground floor) are listed. I had contacted you more than four times but they said an engineer will check but eventually I got this reply.

"We're sorry to say that things haven't exactly gone to plan and we can't bring Virgin Media to your area."

I really want to use Virgin Media broadband. The winter sale almost ends soon.

Is there any way to sort it out?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The likelyhood is that the Ground Floor addresses directly ajoin the street & will have service tees (access points) to Virgins ducting on their boundaries.

Your boundary is the flat below you, hence you don't appear on the build plan, & therefore the postcode checker.

If Virgin cabling has to cross your neighbours property (outside wall) you will likely need a wayleave agreement from them before Virgin will install.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

09loopy0
On our wavelength

Hi,

I had the same problem, my neighbour above me on the 2nd floor had it but I wasn't listed. The actual problem was that my address didn't show on their system, it wasn't updated or in line with the same system the Royal Mail use. It was actually a sales person that fixed it for me, I guess they were sales-motivated to get that done.

I contacted them and prvided them my postcode address again......but these are what sales/BOT replied 

1. Ah, okay it looks like our Broadband and TV services are not yet available in your area... the best thing for you to do is register your interest by filling out our form through this link:

2. First enter your postcode, choose your address, then you'll be given the form. Once your area is serviceable, we will notify you via email, phone call or someone from our field personnel may pay you a visit.

3. The good news is that you can get HomePass from our partner Plume. HomePass is a WiFi booster, that improves your existing WiFi speed, coverage, and reliability as well as providing device security and motion detection.

Hi ryanwu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the non service at your address. 

We can certainly take some details and see if it is possible to cable your address. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The likelyhood is that the Ground Floor addresses directly ajoin the street & will have service tees (access points) to Virgins ducting on their boundaries.

Your boundary is the flat below you, hence you don't appear on the build plan, & therefore the postcode checker.

If Virgin cabling has to cross your neighbours property (outside wall) you will likely need a wayleave agreement from them before Virgin will install.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks