forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
CDavies1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have not contacted me or organised to set up my wifi for 2 months

I have set up a WiFi service with virgin media around 2 months ago, and still have not heard anything about set up of the service. Not an email, text or any communication. This is utterly ridiculous during a pandemic where WiFi is essential!!! Can someone contact me to get this sorted because this has gone on way too long! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media have not contacted me or organised to set up my wifi for 2 months

You could try the Pre-installation and Delivery team - they may have more info?

On.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media have not contacted me or organised to set up my wifi for 2 months

Have you received a contract?

CDavies1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes received a contract. They said they were going to set up on a certain date, but then did not because external work needed. But no communication of this, I had to ring up to find out about this, and no communication regarding the external work needed and when they will be doing this. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vm do not sell wifi. its a cable connection. They do not guarantee any speeds over the wifi.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@CDavies1 wrote:

Yes received a contract. They said they were going to set up on a certain date, but then did not because external work needed. But no communication of this, I had to ring up to find out about this, and no communication regarding the external work needed and when they will be doing this. 

Then your best bet is to ring the team as John says.  If the local authority's permission is required it can take weeks.

0 Kudos