Menu
PaminderM
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media engineer said he needs to contact council?

Firstly, where is there no-where to actually speak to someone from Virgin? 

After waiting weeks for an engineer to visit and install our broadband/ tv package - he finally arrived and told us that there is no connection at our house so this means they need to request permission to add this from the council. This could take 10 days.

I don't mind if this is the case, but I have received no other confirmation from Virgin Media about what happens next/ how I will be updated/ if there's anything I need to do.

I fear - like with other broadband companies - this will just be forgotten about. There is no "order" on my virgin media account anymore? 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media engineer said he needs to contact council?

You will find a lot of posts on the forum where this sort of issue can drag on for weeks or even months until the VM service is installed.

Do you already have broadband services installed and working where you are at the moment? If so you would be best advised to keep those going (and not put in any cancellations on an existing service) until the new VM service is actually installed and working to your satisfaction as you could potentially be in for a long wait for VM.

Hopefully one of the VM forum team may be able to tell you more. They normally reply within a week and often more quickly.

0 Kudos
PaminderM
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Goslow - thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we have moved in and have no existing internet. This isn't great news 😕

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that. The fact that your order has disappeared doesn't sound encouraging either. Wait for the forum team to pick this up and advise further.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaminderM, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. 

Whilst this isn't ideal, sometimes this can take around 6-8 weeks to complete. I'm happy to take a look at things for you but have been unable to locate the account via your forum details so will need some information from you in order to help. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos