Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Quickstart not working after days of trying and no support from Virgin Media

I just moved into a house which already had Virgin Media installed. I got my Quickstart box (Hub v 3.0) on Saturday. I have set it up and it just sits there with a white light and no internet connection. The wifi works but not the internet connection. I have tried rebooting and resetting multiple times. I have tried contacting Virgin Media by phone, not got to speak to anyone, but the last time I called it did at least say that I have reported a fault. However, the only response I have had is from the website chatbot which can only direct me to the reboot/reset steps that I have already tried countless times.

Anyone got any ideas about what I can do? I need to get the internet sorted and I want to get refunded these days without internet.

They never seemed to have any problems with their sales call centre, just the support one. Funny that... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Quickstart not working after days of trying and no support from Virgin Media

So I try logging in to the router, the overview page seems to think it's online, but when I do the network diagnostics it says there is a problem with my broadband. When I look at the network log I see: `No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;`

Tried calling Virgin Media status hotline. this told me both that 'they are sorry that there is an intermittent issue and that they have engineers working on it.' and then then subsequently 'that there are no issues in my area.'

When I try running the tests on the website it say everything is fine, but I have no internet except via 4G. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Quickstart not working after days of trying and no support from Virgin Media

Did you call the activation number, in the documentation?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have tried that multiple times. Never got to speak to anyone, although I imagine that's not necessary, and followed the menus to "Activate your installation". That didn't seem to work, now I can't even seem to get to that bit of the menu.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0800 953 9500 - afaik its a direct line 

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, that's the one. finally got through to someone this morning. Apparently no fault at my end and installation completed successfully. They said there is a fault in this postcode. Summary: they only look to commit engineers to fixing a fault after a critical mass of clients complain. Seems overly reactive to me, they should have monitoring to detect faults as they occur... Anyway, nothing for me to do but wait, they told me it should fixed today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@blauraum wrote:

Yeah, that's the one. finally got through to someone this morning. Apparently no fault at my end and installation completed successfully. They said there is a fault in this postcode. Summary: they only look to commit engineers to fixing a fault after a critical mass of clients complain. Seems overly reactive to me, they should have monitoring to detect faults as they occur... Anyway, nothing for me to do but wait, they told me it should fixed today.

was that offshore - it sounds like complete BS but who knows 

lets ask VM here to have a look

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@blauraum wrote:

they only look to commit engineers to fixing a fault after a critical mass of clients complain. Seems overly reactive to me, they should have monitoring to detect faults as they occur... Anyway, nothing for me to do but wait, they told me it should fixed today.

You want them to send out engineers to fix faults that no one is complaining about? What a radical concept. 

😉

To be fair, I know they do have monitoring equipment. They check it when people complain 😄 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So I get  message telling me the fault in my area has been fixed, but still not internet at my house. 

I run the diagnostics on the website, they say "everything is fine" the diagnostics on the router say the broadband is (as I already know) not working. I have tried resetting and rebooting (yet again) but no joy... 

It's over a week since my "Quickstart" arrived and I have yet to download a single bit from the internet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ideally they would fix problems before people complain. 

0 Kudos