Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Order - are you serious?

Hello,

just wanted to ask if someone can help out.

I've order VM Broadband on 8th of March. CS person was adamant that VM had connection in my building. I've signed up, filled the order and happily waited for 7th of April (installation date).

After 2 weeks I logged in to see my order - it was cancelled, new order from 18th of March showed up. Was able to speak someone after few days of trying to get to someone in the call centre - I was informed that there is no cable running to my building and they need to lay new cable across street.

From that moment - nothing, until few days ago I'm getting message in my account: `You're not with Virgin Media anymore` no information about installation date or any other information (through email, phone, text...).

Can I get any answer from customer support about if my installation is actually happening or should I look for other provider?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Order - are you serious?

Phone them and ask

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The bad news is that if the road needs to be dug up as you suggest then it will be a serious delay. The local council will be involved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi the CS person that is very keen to get their percentage of the sale they few but a menace and give a bad name to the honest ones, hopefully you are not paying anything, i don't work for virgin but in the circumstances I would seek another supplier. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Happy to take a look, if you send me your house number and postcode I can check everything out for you.

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeap, that's my thought as well. Rather sad pattern occurs, as my boss is moving our offices (same reason I moved and looking for new provider) - same situation. He signed agreement with VM for new office fibre (few months before), over a month before our move in date - apparently after checking on site - there was no way to install the connection in time.

He escalated it to some government cell and got something from BT in express time...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spotted engineer 3 weeks ago installing couple houses down the road new cable (laid it through some underground canal next to my house). Marked with paint one of the nearest manhole towards my building, but nothing from that point. He showed me nearest switchboard (across street), so it was somewhat positive. But lack of any info from VM is concerning.

I'm not paying for anything yet. So that's only consolation.

Three people sitting on spotty mobile connection, two of them WFH, third studying - it's stressful in these times.

0 Kudos