Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Engineer has not turned up - why haven't they been in touch?

Our appointment for the engineer is 4pm - 7pm today. It is now 20 past 7. We have been waiting here since 4pm. WHY HAVEN'T VIRGIN MEDIA BEEN IN TOUCH??

We've been without internet for 4 days. I've spent 5 hours on the phone with VM on Sunday & Monday. The engineer is supposed to be installing a Superhub 3 in place of our old broken Superhub 2ac. Why don't they text or call to let us know what's going on?

Why did I have to beg for a contribution towards mobile data in the meantime?

Why is Virgin Media such a terrible company?

Why did I ring them at 6.50pm? Because I don't trust them. And I'm still on hold now listening to the same 3 music tracks.

WHERE IS OUR ENGINEER?

Very unhappy customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Engineer has not turned up - why haven't they been in touch?

They dont normally send an engineer to swap a Hub - they send you the replacement Hub to swap yourself. Is there another reason you are getting the tech for this?

Also if there is a known network fault - all engineer visits are auto cancelled. Have you checked to see if there is one? Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John for your reply... but regardless, we have an appointment for an engineer here between 4pm and 7pm and they haven't turned up or let us know anything.. and it's impossible to get in touch with them - it's so frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok - but it not impossible - difficult perhaps.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time as evidenced today in message 23 here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intermittent-Connection-Issues/m-p/4490276#...

Although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 15’ for me one midweek afternoon recently.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer though

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days or up to a week for them to get here as its not a hotline in. its a community help forum.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After yet another long call - this time 1 hour 55 minutes long, they informed me that they'd cancelled the engineer (why don't they tell you??) 'because there was a technical fault in the area which we fixed'.

Virgin Media is a terrible company - you can't get hold of them - why can't I email them? And the 'chat' function doesn't exist - I've never seen it - have you?

They don't send emails to communicate & they don't let you know when they cancel.

I'm sick of Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you have an. Online account with virgin? You can check your appointments here. 

Plus if they have your mobile number they'll text you. 

When my services went down recently I got the following message for example. 

Hi, it's Virgin Media. We've put your service visit on hold while we investigate a network problem affecting your services. We'll update you when this is fixed.

Followed by this one 

Hi this is Virgin Media. We've fixed the network issue affecting your services. Please restart your equipment and wait 30 mins. Still stuck? Reply with HELP.

Maybe I'm just special? 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Z92 - I think you must be special because I have never had any texts or emails from them - and they have my email address and phone number.

Please would you explain how I can check my appointments online? Or, in fact - they are now supposed to be sending my a Superhub 3 on Friday and said they would confirm by email, but I haven't received the email... is there a way I can check that the Superhub 3 will arrive on Friday without having to ring them?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just login to your Virgin Media account and click on your orders and you'll see appointments listed there. Apparently I've still got an order from March pending. No idea what that is so I'll ignore it! 

I wouldn't guarantee your new hub will arrive by Friday, even if Virgin have sent it the courier they use - typically Yodel will probably lose it (or say they can't find your address). So if you've heard nothing by Friday morning I'd say to give them a ring. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, my Superhub3 order is not listed on my Virgin Media account, and I've miraculously been able to find 'chat' on the VM website, but I've now been in a queue for an hour so far.

Everything Virgin Media does is crap (apart from when the service is working I suppose)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A lot of companies with big customer numbers are crap at the moment. I tried to contact PC World this morning and was told the queue was 74 minutes!

0 Kudos