Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Customer Quoting Incorrect Address For Broadband Connection/Setup

Hi, 

I've contacted the helpdesk by phone on 3 occasions now, once cut off and twice told they would look into the case and have heard nothing back after a week.......hopefully I can get some help via this forum!

My mum noticed a virgin media engineer outside her flat last week.  When asked what he was doing, he said he was doing the prep work to put broadband into her flat, when told she hadn't requested it  and asked to stop he said he'd already done the prep work and another engineer would follow to complete the set-up then left.  That day she also received a letter confirming a direct debit had been setup.  The account quoted wasn't hers, nor was it her name on the letter, but it was addressed to her flat - at first she thought it was junk mail.  

I rang last week to point out the issue and was told to expect a call back in 48hrs.  Nothing came.  I rang again to be told a supervisor would look into the issue.  Again, nothing back.  Now she has had a further letter to the same person, same address with a security code to use for future calls.......... 

To be clear, my mum doesn't have internet access and long since stopped using a landline.  She does not want a virgin media account.  Why is it so hard for the helpdesk to follow this up.  It's obviously a case of the wrong address/post code being quoted at the point this other customer set-up their new account?  I would assume, at some point, they are going to complain that they have had no engineer visit/no correspondence from you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Customer Quoting Incorrect Address For Broadband Connection/Setup

let me look for you, i will need a few private details so i will drop you a message to get this privately.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Customer Quoting Incorrect Address For Broadband Connection/Setup

Can i message you the address details etc. directly so you can trace the install case etc?
0 Kudos