Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Contract Started but No Internet Installation Yet?

Hello,

My wife (the VM account holder) received a letter that arrived today (21st December) dated 16th December that we would have our Virgin Media internet installed yesterday the 20th of December between 8am-1pm. We were at home all day the 20th but no engineer turned up or any messages received.

My main issue is that the Virgin Media contract date shows as started from Sunday December 20th 2020 and we have been charged £55 monthly service charge.

So we're still using our old providers internet and do not any Virgin Media internet router installed in our house. How exactly can a contract start being paid if we're not actually using any services?

Is the best option to phone VM directly to let them know to start a contract date later?

The original installation date was the 20th of November, delayed, cancelled etc etc. All good but how to let VM know that we need to start the contract and be charged once we actually have internet...?

Thank you kindly.

I'm happy for a PM from forum staff to resolve this.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Contract Started but No Internet Installation Yet?

Hi your first line of attack should be to phone 0345 454 1111 and go down the new installation route, as it may take a week for a virgin person to respond on here, and as money is involved the sooner the better. Regards Micky
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Contract Started but No Internet Installation Yet?

Thank you LittleMick73. We'll try that and contact our account manager as well. I previously had a fast response on here when dealing with another issue.
0 Kudos