cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app not working after home move

wgrdillon
Joining in

I recently moved house and took my Virgin media broadband with me. I have been given a new account number, but this is associated with the same email address as my old account number. 

when I go on the Virgin media app it says that my account is disconnected, and on the Virgin media connect app it says that my account is inactive or closed. 

I’ve tried calling Virgin Media customer support but they didn’t fix the issue and I don’t want to have to wait on hold again. I’d really like to be able to access the Virgin media connect app using my new account number - grateful for any help.

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, wgrdillon.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here.
A warm welcome to the VM community, great to have you on board with us.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with viewing your account online after moving homes, we'd love to see how we can best help out.

When moving homes we'd assign a new account number along with this process, however this change may take a while to complete on all our systems.
Have you tried to sign out from your VM account on your devices/browsers and use the new account number (found on your newest bills and new documents) to sign up (or in) to the new account/info?
If so, do you get an error when trying this or does the new account not come up at all?
Lastly, could we ask how long it's been since you moved and installed the services to the new property?

Please, share more on the above and we're here to assist based on your feedback.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs