cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect App

TimVanDyke
On our wavelength

I am getting an error message "auth type - 1 is not supported" when I try to log into the Connect App on my mobile phone using the "Sign in with a Virgin Media account". It had been working fine up until I changed my contract recently (18 June) from TV, phone and Broadband to Broadband only. I've tried deleting the data from the App and even re-installing the App but get the  same response.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TimVanDyke 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing the connect app on your mobile device. 

When you tried deleting the data, did you also delete the remembered password or did this auto populate still?

Are you still able to gain access to your online account through the My Virgin media app and website

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

I can access My Virgin Media via the phone and the website no problem

When I open the Virgin Connect App on the phone I get the screen to sign in with a Virgin Media account or Sign in with a Virgin Mobile Account. When I use Sign in with a Virgin Media account the next screen is blank with the link oauth.virginmedia.com at the top, then it goes back to the 1st sign in screen, I tap it again and get the Error message auth-1is not supported and a "Try Again". I don't get any option to submit an email address or password.

If I try to use Sign in with Virgin Mobile I get a message "Sorry, we're having problems Please switch off VPN or Icloud Private Relay" I don't have either of those.

Kind regards

Thanks for that information @TimVanDyke 

It's an odd one, I haven't seen before. Does this just happen on the one device? Are you able to see if any other mobile devices/tablets have the same error?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

It seems to have resolved itself this morning after the 4th attempt I got an oooops something went wrong then it loaded the login screen - weird

Kind regards

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know TimVanDyke. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat