cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Cables damaging front of property. How do we have these moved or removed?

Bwoodstock
Joining in

Hi There, 

A virgin media cable is running over the guttering of our flats and is causing damage to the front of the building - bringing water down and onto the brickwork. This is now starting to cause damp inside and we need to get the wire either moved or removed - pending a decision by the top flat owner as to whether their tenant is using Virgin Media or not. 

Please can you let me know how this can be achieved? 

Best wishes

B

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Cases like this are usually very long and painful to resolve, as Virginmedia are always slow to do anything. If you hold on here a staff member may join in and offer to take details, and then it will go very quiet. It might help if you can post some photos here. 

Find out if that connection is still in use. If it's not you can cut the cable down before it causes any more damage. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bwoodstock,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community,

I'd like to extend our apologies for the problems faced with this cabling, so we can gain further information I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Bwoodstock,

I'm glad the team were able to resolve this matter for you!

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop back up for further assistance.

Take care,

Kain

derekheeps
Dialled in

The simple answer lies with a set of wire cutters ...