cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Box on my land

kturbill
Joining in

Purchased a property 18 months ago, had survey done and found that the brown virgin media box was on our land. Since buying we have landscaped the front of our property.  Today vm have come to link someones house up and have dug up all my landscaped area to get to a box underground. They have now left a muddy patch. Do I have to accept this, can I ask them to move the box off my land. The owners before us were the church and there has never been any vm at our property but we are the first house in the road. The man who was digging said it hadn't been opened for years so I guess its not going to be regular however I would expect them to leave it in a better state as I have paid for landscaping. Could I get some advise please

32 REPLIES 32

Here is a better picture of the pit and it is behind the pit in our garden for confirmationnew 1.jpg

For confirmation the green box can be seen on the image and the pit is just in front underground of course where they dug. I think there was some confusion around there being a box and a pit.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

imo that was an access strip - there is no way VM or whoever put it there would done that on a private garden - i guess its been there 20 years or more and maybe in that time the ownership of the house has changed a few times - it may also be that the council have turned a blind eye to whoever claiming the land as garden if in fact the council even knows

if you do have proof thats your land then you need to be talking to a solicitor as every time someone wants VM installing its going to happen again 

Tony.
Sacked VIP