Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media 6 month installation wait

I applied for Virgin Media broadband 6 months ago and they keep telling me they have to carry out works in the street to get me connected, despite the fact that other people in my building have Virgin Media and my flat has been connected to the internet before.

They told me that Liverpool Council has blocked them from carrying out all works in the city of Liverpool. This seems like an extremely far fetched excuse if you ask me. Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Are they feeding me a pack of lies? The deal they've offered to keep me as a customer (£13/month for 12 months with free installation) apparently means they don't make a profit from me any more, so maybe now it's better for them to not install it at all and hope I go somewhere else.

Advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media 6 month installation wait

Hi there

I can take a look into this for you. 

Legally we have to have permits granted by councils before carrying out any construction work on roads or paths.

I will pop a private message over as i'll need some details to check this. Keep an eye on the purple envelope in the top right corner. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos