Menu
English87
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Installation without freeholder consent

Hi, it appears a virgin media engineer has installed cabling at a property of which I’m a freeholder. The tenants of the upstairs rental have got virgin broadband, the engineer has installed cabling to an appalling standard!

Who is best to contact in regards to getting this cabling removed and repair work to the damaged rendering?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Installation without freeholder consent

The tenant is the customer, so should make the complaint.

As for removing the cabling: VM won't do it as they have a contract with the tenant. I think you should resolve any issues with your tenant.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin wouldn't have known that the flat was rented unless your tenant told them.  Even if they did, your tenant signed the contract 

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Under section E8 of VMs terms & conditions it is the customer’s responsibility to obtain any permissions required for the installation. If the installation has to be removed it will be a breach of contract on their part that will result in a bill of several hundred pounds.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@English87 wrote:

Hi, it appears a virgin media engineer has installed cabling at a property of which I’m a freeholder. The tenants of the upstairs rental have got virgin broadband, the engineer has installed cabling to an appalling standard!

Who is best to contact in regards to getting this cabling removed and repair work to the damaged rendering?

There was a very similar topic on here recently which got sorted in a round-about kind of way, eventually

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cables-installed-without-owners-permissio...

Since the 'deed is done' as regards the cables already being installed, an alternative approach might be to get VM to return and do the cable installation properly and to a standard which is acceptable to you. Having a VM connection to the property might actually be a future 'selling point' for any future tenants for the flat, despite it being installed originally without your consent.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @English87,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you experienced this with an installation. We further apologise that the installation was no up to an appropriate standard. We want to do our best to help.

As mentioned by @nodrogd, it is the customer’s responsibility to obtain any permissions required for the installation. In this case, are you able to get the customer in contact with us so we can best resolve this? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos