Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Customer, Moved House, nowhere near getting connected - No help from Virgin

So .. where do I begin.

At the beginning of October I called Virgin to let them know I would be moving into a new flat on the 7th Nov - giving them more than a months notice for this to take place.  The guy on the line was great, he sorted me a new contract with a better deal - which was a nice surprise and he set me a connection date for the day I move in which would of been super helpful.  This meant that I would get disconnected on the 6th (the day before)

A little background on the 'move' - I live in London, and the flat I 'lived' in is above the one I now currently reside, it's a house split into 2 essentially with the bottom being bigger. 

Right, so I've been getting Virgin upstairs absolutely fine which has been a blessing as I've been WFH as alot of us have been. November 6th comes along (so more than a month since I informed them I was moving), I get a text at 19:30pm - the night before - saying 'We wont be able to connect your services as planned tomorrow - if you would like to find out more please type CHAT'

This was news to us and very short notice. I typed 'CHAT' - someone eventually replied .... this person however knew nothing, all he could do was schedule a 'field test'.  He kept referring to the fact I may have a fault on the line - however my reply was that I've been living upstairs and getting internet absolutely fine, so how is it now a problem as i've just moved downstairs ... as ultimately it's the same house and imagine the same cable runs into it - he couldn't give me a answer.

I was told I would be informed on how the field test went ... I never was.  I've had to call every few day's since the 6th Nov, because even though I've had assurances that someone would contact me the following day - no time has that ever transpired.

The latest one - I called on Monday to get a update, this person seemed to pull the date Dec 3rd for the new connection out of the air.  I said - 'Hang on, I got a email last week was the connection date is 26th Nov ... where has Dec 3rd come from' - safe to say he had no idea.  He did however schedule 'works outside' to be done on the Tuesday, and said he would inform me on how that's going .. he never did. 

I called up again on Wednesday evening - and the person I spoke to had no idea about any works being done, and spieled me old information from the original issue. 

She said she's going to pass on 'all' my information to the area manager - and I will get a call the next day (as every single phone operater has said to me) ... again this didn't happen. It's been days and I'm still waiting for a call back. I've never ever got a call back from anyone to do with this problem.

As you can probably tell I am incredibly frustrated - especially because of the situation we all find ourselves atm ... working from home is a absolute nessecitity for me as the office is shut.  I work in visual effects and haven't got the ability to carry a laptop around and do work elsewhere.  My work needs a solid internet connection to connect to my companies vpn, suprisingly my phone tethering seems to help get me into the companies vpn so I can grab what I need and work locally .... however this is far from ideal and am currently a weak link in my team - which is quite frankly unacceptable.  All of this means I also have to pay a premium to upgrade my own (not virgin) phone's data to unlimited so I can try and do any work.

Unfortunatly this is a Virgin Media street, meaning that any landline connection can only get around 3mb - 4mb map connection - so we are stuck between a rock and a hard place - and right now my partner and I's jobs hang in the balance due to no internet and no help from Virgin. 

I'm literally in the dark and have no idea when this is getting sorted.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Customer, Moved House, nowhere near getting connected - No help from Virgin

You need to either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Customer, Moved House, nowhere near getting connected - No help from Virgin

Appreciate the reply,

However I can't listen to that queue music anymore than I already have... otherwise I think I might go insane ha .

Hence why I've reverted to using these forums

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You will have to wait for one of the staff to come along, this normally takes 6 or 7 days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos