Menu
Castlearcher
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Victure doorbell connection

I have had problems connecting this to my new ver4 wifi hub. It needs a 2.4g connection. Do I have to change anything in the hub?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Victure doorbell connection

Yes use the hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The VM hubs, as shipped, have the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz on the same SSID name. If you go into the settings of the hub you can give each band a different hand like xxx-2 & xxx-5. You can then connect your device to the xxx-2 SSID. Devices devices should work on a combined SSID, but many do not.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Castlearcher
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I put in the password printed on the bottom of the router and it won't let me in, just says the password is incorrect.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are two passwords - one for wifi and one to access the Hub. Try them both.

If you still cant get in do a Hub “pinhole reset".

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Castlearcher
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. My doorbell now talks to my router!

0 Kudos