cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy. New installation - considering cancelling contract. Need an engineer asap

RicoMcFunk
Tuning in

Hello, I need an engineer to finish our installation.

Very unhappy - brand new broadband not working as it should - seriously considering just cancelling (not sure if there is a grace period for the new contract?) and just extending the existing  Vodafone fibre contract (which hasn't actually run out yet)

we just got virgin broadband installed, with the cable coming in through our bedroom wall and connecting to the hub in the bedroom on a short cable. Broadband works fine, but wifi signal is weak throughout the house because of the location of our bedroom.

The engineer left us a much longer cable so I could put the hub in a different room, once I'd spoken to my wife and decided a suitable place

But when I connect from the wall box to the hub using this longer cable I get a message on the hub settings saying registration failure and a red light on the hub. Sometimes it says no rf signal detected instead.

when I connect with the shorter cable it works fine again. I assume there is an issue with the cable or its connectors. We need someone to come round and make the longer cable work.

I would expect no charge for this, as a working longer cable for us to site the hub in a suitable location should have been part of the original installation.

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

lotharmat
Community elder
Double posting never gets a quicker response!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Engineer-left-a-longer-cable-but-no-interne...

You'd be better off calling it in on 150 (or 0345 454 1111 from a non VM landline / mobile)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7