cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very delayed installation and fake dates

Elisa55UK
Joining in

My installation was promised to take place today after about 5 other delays since June. I don't appreciate being lied to every time I speak to customer service. I understand they are on minimum wage and not able to help me but they will literally promise me and give me specific dates for the installation. Are they told by management to do this ?  Just tell me the truth and say it will be delayed 3 months so I can plan my life around it or figure out an alternative.  

I want to speak to an area field manager please. My suspicion is that the engineer team is either understaffed and underpaid or severely disorganized. This is a first world country and something so basic should not have to take so long. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried the Pre-installation and delivery team - they may be more helpful?

On.. 0800 052 1734

I suspect your installation is being delayed because there are problems that require some road/pavement digging.

If that's the case then you are into a black hole.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Elisa55UK wrote:

My installation was promised to take place today after about 5 other delays since June. <snip>

Your issue is, sadly, being repeated many times over in similar topics on here in recent months. Here is another very typical example of the nonsense of a VM installation gone bad

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Constant-Pre-installation-delays/td-p/477...

The CS staff you speak to are probably just simply repeating the information displayed in front of them on a screen. Seemingly each deadline that is missed just gets automatically replaced by another. Adding new future dates with 3 week increments seems to be a common theme in the topics. If there is actually any coordination and management going on, the individual customer waiting for an installation does not seem to feature anywhere in the decision-making process.

Some topics on here have dragged on for months and months and eventually get installed. Others of a similar duration ultimately get cancelled, often without the potential customer knowing anything about it. Occasionally a topic posted on here is followed by the installation unexpectedly happening soon after. Outcomes and timescales seem to be a random lottery.

Have VM actually told you anything about what the cause of the delay is?

What other options do you have with alternative providers? You may be wasting your time with VM unless you are prepared to accept all of the randomness of the above.

Just thought I'd update. As it's been 2 months already I've switched to Sky. VM has terrible management. perhaps you need to hire more engineers 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No need to cancel the VM install - let it happen when it happens. You dont get charged anything until it is installed and then you have a 14day period to cancel it with no exit charge. At least you know whether you have a good, robust connection that you can come back to when your Sky contract ends

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Elisa55UK,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the delay with your installation.

This can happen for many reasons, not just shortage of staff. It could be due to planning permissions or permits that need signing.

I was unable to locate an account using your forums details, have you cancelled with us officially? Has your SKY services started? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide