Menu
hanpat201
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vehicle crossing query

Hi. I need to find out if VM services/apparatus would be affected if I was to get the council to drop the kerb in front of my house. The council requires written proof of contact with relevant service providers. I wish to send an email to VM but I have struggled to find one. The help section on their website is of no use to me in relation to this query. Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vehicle crossing query

Your best bet is to write to them rather than email, then not only do you have written proof of contract, you also have proof of posting and the confirmed date.

Whether VM decide to respond or not is their choice then.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you see a CATV pavement cover or a pavement Tee which could be run over should the kerb be dropped, then the council would never permit the kerb drop until VM has made the necessary alterations.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Before going ahead Virginmedia would need to do a survey of the port / pit which will be chargeable at around £240, then if any modifications are need and Virginmedia agree to do these then these again will be chargeable to yourself and could be several £1000's to get the work done.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hanpat201
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. There is no CATV pavement cover or a pavement Tee. But I will write to VM as suggested

0 Kudos
hanpat201
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'll do that instead.

0 Kudos