cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM white plug made clicking noise/green light flashing

Dazyellow3
On our wavelength

Wh

The white plug that power the white box on the wall is playing up. If I take is out when I am cleaning and then put it back in again It now started making a clicking noise and the green light flashes. So I have to plug it in the other plug socket and it then works

How do I get new one. As I work from home and need the internet.

White plug and powered splitterWhite plug and powered splitter

14 REPLIES 14

If your broadband and TV are fine, and the light flashing clicking/ticking only happens briefly when you first plug in the PSU, then you might struggle to engage VM on the matter.

What is the thing you want fixing? Replacing the amp/PSU in case it might fail at some point soon?

If the issue only appears when you plug/unplug the equipment, then don't plug/unplug the kit and leave it permanently powered on. See if any of the same issues crop up when it is left powered on.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I doubt if VM will attend if the equipment is working and there are no immediate faults.  I expect the units will have to fail before they will do anything?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Dazyellow3 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies for the delay in responding and the power issues that you are having with a internet aid. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just be prepared that if they find nothing wrong they will charge you £25. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the updates. 

We do ask that if there are clicking, buzzing noises, any excess heat that is too hot to touch, is it causing performance issues with the internet at all?

Sabrina