Menu
Ellaslee7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM wall socket in different room

Hi, I've recently joined virgin media and have been sent my quickstart self install kit, after readying through the guild I've found that my VM wall mount is in the bedroom cupboard. Almost 5 feet away from where the TV is (in the moving room) I'm only in a small 1 bed flat. But obviously the lead that has come doesn't reach all the way from the bedroom to the living room for my TV to work. HELP!! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM wall socket in different room

sounds like you'll need a manned install. they a move the box or make you a longer cable as needed

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A call out to put it all exactly where you want it and test it is charged at £99.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
A call out to put it all exactly where you want it and test it is charged at £99.

should cost you nothing - its a new install so the non fault call out charge should not apply

you might have problems getting an agent to agree to that if you ring so wait here for VM

@Kev_B - can someone pick this up please - sorry to flag you but @Modteam is not working

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Ellaslee7,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you!

Let's get this sorted out for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards

David