cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM via OFNL on new build property

Jcoss178
Joining in

I’m moving into a new build property within the next month. We have been informed that our broadband provider must be one that uses the OFNL cable (as is the case with most new builds).

I was happy to see that virgin appeared as one of the providers, as per OFNL post checker however on virgin media postcode checker it does not recognise that the address can be serviced by virgin media. I have called the VM sales team that have not been able to confirm if we can use virgin and it’s the same story with OFNL. 
 Does anyone know/can find out if I will be able to get virgin in my new build? 

thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM installs its fibre in some of OFNL's duct infrastructure, and hopefully you'll be lucky here.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jcoss178,

Thanks for taking the time to raise your installation query via the team , we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We would recommend speaking to the team on 0800 183 1234, they will be able to double check this and raise any issues with the install team. If required, they can also arrange for someone to visit the location to check if it is actually serviceable using the recommended cables and if not, what is required to make it so.

Rob