cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM refusing to supply- new builds team giving vague answers

Hexappeal
Joining in

Good Morning all,

strap in, sit down and get a brew it’s time for a long tale of frustration.

I moved into a new build in Leeds roughly 8 weeks ago (there’s your problem right there). I was told by the builders that we are only able to be serviced by VM as they did the wiring for the site (???).

I was also informed that everything had been done on the developers side and that it was now down to VM to sort any issues out. This will be important later.

I went the usual route via sales and newly blew my lid at a couple of poor sales staff who only had their script to go off. That obviously didn’t work even when the most dedicated and helpful people picked up the phone. Some good people in sales and some people who will not deviate from their dreadful script. Speaking to sales makes me feel like I need sectioning for my own safety sometimes. 

I spoke with the new builds team who started going on about doing a box build once the pavement had been fully completed. On reflection I think they don’t know we are wired up to an already built box on the adjacent street. Initially I was left thinking the adjacent streets box was empty. More fool me.

Now I had the bright idea of checking my neighbours eligibility on the VM website as well as my own eligibility based on address and low and behold my next door neighbour who is further from the box is eligible but I am not. The difference being that we have different street names despite being right next to each other.

For the visual learners amongst us my house sits at the entrance to a cul-de-sac that is currently still being completed. the street it peels off from is half old prefabricated council houses on the left and new builds on the right. The new builds on the right are infact already supplied or eligible with/for VM from the very box my house is connected to.

Sadly due to the fact the vast majority of houses on the cul-de-sac will not be connected to this already existing box my house is presumably lumped in with them because I share the same street name. We have however been built much earlier and wired with that in mind to the already existing and closer box. Hell the other house at the entrance to the cul-de-sac literally has the box outside their kitchen window and isn’t considered eligible. Make it make sense I dare you. 

Now this has been basically a long drawn out attempt at summoning a moderator to help me. If you aren’t a mod thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed it. If you are a VM mod who can help please reply to the thread and let’s get a line of communication open. I have loads of email discussions, site plans and actual address details I can provide.

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hexappeal,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any frustration you've had with taking out our services. 

I am more than happy to take a look into this for you. What I will do is private message you now to get some details. 

^Martin