cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM install on an unadopted road

jiffk1
Joining in

We live on an unadopted road and right now looks like VM are installing on the roads that connect to ours. Is there anyone i can speak to to find out if we are getting connected or if we could get connected in the future?

We are probably less than 5m from the last house on the road thats being dug up now so it would be a shame to not be connected up as well when we are so close!

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have a blanket agreement with the local authorities to install on adopted roads. Unadopted roads are not included in the build plans due to the complicated wayleave agreements that are required. Firstly, VM would require a wayleave agreement with every property owner whether they take the service or not. Secondly, the project would have to be of a size that is economically viable in terms of customers in the road signing up for the service.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jiffk1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and for your interest in joining us.

I will send you a PM now so I can take some details from you. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?