cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app and 5x router

MattHaynes1901
Joining in

Had anyone managed to connect the Virgin Media connect app to the new 5x router?

Been a Virgin customer less than a week and already fed up of customer service.  Tried all the troubleshooting they've suggested, they've also apparently sent some kind of update signal to the router, everything reset again (much to the kids dismay, "why does the shiny new WiFi keep going off?) but still the app cannot find the router?

Any tips?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve seen other posts about this, try a search. Seen that people have said that you have to be on the 5Ghz band WiFi for it to work. Unfortunately I have no experience of the app as I run in modem mode on my hub5. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Client62
Legend

We also don't use the VM Connect app & prefer to manage the hub via its menu at : http://192.168.0.1/

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MattHaynes1901 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of any issues with the Connect App. Have you got any VPN on your device at all?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the Connect app compatible with the new 5X hub yet?  No idea.  In the meantime as @Client62  has said, just manage the Hub using the admin console,  192.168.0.1

I used the app once, and uninstalled it, never to return  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app has being reported (by customers and some VM staff) as not compatible with Hub 5x.

The Samknows Realspeed link has been seen to work with the Hub 5x : https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

When using Realspeed be sure to click on Run full test to display all the stats.

Hi.  I do jave a vpn but it is not connected as the app needs to conect directly to the router.

MattHaynes1901
Joining in

Very randomly it's just started working today?