Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM box not working. Need tech support but can't get through on telephone

Hello.

I'm having problems with one of two VM boxes in my home. The services on working box are all fine. Broadband and telephone are also working. Faulty box shows error codes C130 and N27.

I have tried five times to call VM support using 150 on house phone and each time the call drops out after about 45 to 60 mins on hold. When I redial I get a message that the call centre has closed.

I have exhausted all the tests I can carry out and online help keeps telling me to call, but of course I can't get through.

Any suggestions how I can contact tech support to resolve this issue?

Carol

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM box not working. Need tech support but can't get through on telephone

Hi Carol,

Call queues are long and the best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

have you tried swapping the boxes over to see if the fault follows the boxes?

I take it you've checked all connections are tight, especially the white co-axial cable, that you've rebooted both the router and set top box.

You don't say if it's a V6 box or one of the old TIVO's, however using you remote you should have tried to make a new network connection.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network >  Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

If you are connected with an ethernet cable have you made sure it's tightly in as they can sometimes slip out, also make sure there isn't a problem with the ethernet cable, plug both ends into your router and make sure both ports light up.

Have you tried connecting via wifi instead? (if you have an ethernet cable plugged into your set top box you should remove that first)

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. If that doesn't work then it's back to square one and you need to contact the Faults team again. 

Apart from calling you could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave.

I swopped the boxes and the suspect one failed in the new position and the working one worked as expected in the place of the suspect box.

I have already gone through the other steps you outline.

Clear to me the box is faulty.

I'll try the phone again first thing in the morning.

Carol

Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So I've managed to get through to someone today. They've booked in a virtual engineer which should be in touch in the next 24 hours!

Carol

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@CarolFriswell wrote:

So I've managed to get through to someone today. They've booked in a virtual engineer which should be in touch in the next 24 hours!

Carol

Please let us know how this 'virtual engineer' goes.

I reckon someone has made up a new method of fobbing people off.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CarolFirswell, 

Thanks for posting on our forums, I am sorry you're having this issue with your V6 box. I will be more than happy to look into it for you. 
I would just like to ask a few questions first to get to grips with the problem - 
•    What are you watching when this issue occurs? Live TV or On Demand?
•    How is your box connected to the HUB? WIFI or Wired?
•    Are there any error codes on the screen when this issue occurs?
•    Are there any lights on the front of the V6 or HUB when it occurs?
I also have a few links here that help with general issues -
•    Picture is Distorted
•    Sound Issues
•    Error Code List
Please let me know the answers to the questions and try the troubleshooting links before coming back. 
Thanks, 
Megan_L

0 Kudos