Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM Workman

Hi there

My town is currently undergoing a massive network install of cityfibre right now, they have literally done/almost done most of the town, but today I was out and assumed the workmen was putting cityfibre in my sisters road and to my surprise it was virgin media, it was a pleasant surprise as been waiting for virgin media to come to my town since I’ve lived here (15 years) had it back where I lived in the midlands, anyways tried speaking to the workmen but couldn’t make much sense out of them with all the noise going on, but there literally in a few streets near my sisters I live quite far from her, will virgin media eventually cover the whole town and how long does this normally take, if there in her street now when will she be able to sign up, also do virgin media somehow piggy back cityfibre as it’s a bit strange how cityfibre have installed the fibres and now virgin media have appeared in town, sorry this is a bit long and hope you can help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Workman

Hi there

Happy to take a look for you. 

Can you drop me a private message with your full address and your sisters and I will take a look on our systems to see what information I can find.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

why are staff jumping on possible new customers in 60 seconds but leaving customers with problems for a week?

@Kev_B this really doesn't give a good image of CS

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply (Christy_D)

I’m guessing it’ll probably be the usual we haven’t a clue how long it’s gonna be you’re just have to wait reply so I won’t waste mine or you’re time. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update to your post above.

As the cables are being laid currently, it can take anywhere from 3 months and longer until the addresses are added to the system and serviceable. 

A great tool to check to see when signing up is available is this website - https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker

Many thanks for showing interest in joining VM

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos