Menu
Highlighted
linell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM Super Hub 3.0

Hi, I'm unable to reset my super hub 3.0. I need to change the access password as it is no longer accepting the one that I KNOW is correct. I have tried the reset button for all soprts of times varying from 20 to 60 seconds, power off, done it all. I am an IT tech so know what to do. The hub is not having any of it. From what I see on the forums this hub 3.0 is naff, should have stayed with my old 2.0. I need to get in to change some firewall settings, anyone got any ideas. 

I think the hub firmwatre has just crashed out. But am open to sensible suggestions...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Super Hub 3.0

you need to press and hold the reset button for around 2 minutes. and you should not manually power off the hub at any point, it should power off and reset on its own as part of the reset process. if you power it off yourself then you'll abandon the reset proces.

the instructions often say up to 60 seconds, but anecdotal evidence shows it takes much longer than that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

But why did VM set a long reset time in the first place? Why make it so hard to reset it, or is it to stop the kids from resetting it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
linell
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Chenks... Thanks, 2 minutes worked. I'm not sure it is set that long on purpose. From all I read about the hub 3.0 it has a number of issues.

But I'm into the settings once more.

0 Kudos