Menu
atellogr
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM Hub Installation? Why If I did by myself

VM upgrade my HUB because the other was to old, base on the information if was £0 cost if I do not need the engineer for installation, as the installation is very simple I did not ask for any service, it was just The new HUB.

Unfortunately VM charge me for an "installation" so my questions are why this charge when I did the installation myself and why this happening when I assumed that VM is using a very honest an clear system? This very bad as is not the first time that VM said something and then surprise they Charge you.

Please provide an information why this happening and what is next?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Hub Installation? Why If I did by myself

If you were already a VM customer and this was just a hub upgrade then I would say this was an incorrect charge and you should contain customer services about getting this removed from your bill. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should not have to pay for a simple Hub replacement for an old model..

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will normally be required to pay an activation fee for new or replacement kit.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

You will normally be required to pay an activation fee for new or replacement kit.

No mention of that on their website...

Order your Hub 3 upgrade now – it’ll only take a few moments!

We want your Virgin Fibre experience to be the best it can be. So, if you’ve got an older Hub as your main Hub, we’d like to swap it for our latest Hub 3 for free.

No catches, no new contract.

Sign in to find out if you’re eligible for a Hub 3 upgrade.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

No mention of that on their website...

Check out Service Activation: "When we activate your services for the first time or when you ask to make changes to your services, for example by adding a TV package to your Broadband service, you will normally be required to pay an activation fee."

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/priceguides 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bit of a semantic debate I guess, but neither caveat applies...

"Swappers" are not having their service "activated for the first time" - service is already active - its just a replacement Hub to access that service. Would be a bit like asking them to pay when a tech swaps their faulty one.

Neither are they requesting any changes to their services.

In any case, when VM staff have intervened in the past on these posts, several times they have stated clearly there should be no charges at all.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.