cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect app refuses to do a Home Scan

martynh99
On our wavelength

I have the VM Connect app on my Android phone and have also tried it on an Android tablet. Both are connected to the Wifi and when i select the check my setup, it says relax, all is good. 

I go into broadband, it goes away ,gets all the detail from the hub and shows whats connected, all good so far. 

However, if i go into homescan select a room, continue and start scan, it just stops after about 10 seconds saying ooops something went wrong, try again later. 

If I take these devices to a familys house and log into the app with their details, I can do home scans fine there, but when I come back home and login with my details, same issue. 

I have tried clearing the app cache / storage. I've tried a factory reset / reload on the Hub, nothing seems to get it working again. 

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a recently installed Hub, the app can take several days for the apps "backend" to catch up.

Just try perseverance?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

martynh99
On our wavelength

it's been in 2 months 

Hi @martynh99 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to do a home scan on the Connect app. We want to do our best to help. Can you let me know if you are using the latest version of our Connect app? Also, what operating systems are you using for both your Android and tablet? Can you also specify the WiFi issue you are having so we can best help from here? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

martynh99
On our wavelength

Nokia 5.4 running android 12 , vmconnect 12.36.13

Lenovo tablet , Android go 8.1.0  , vmconnect 12.36.13

No Wifi issue as such, just want to see what the signal is like round the house as there does seem to be the odd area where it's a bit flaky. 

Thanks for confirming martynh99, 

Can you confirm if you've uninstalled and re-installed the app?

Alex_Rm

martynh99
On our wavelength

Yes on the Nokia I had done that, the Lenovo was a fresh install, app never been on the device.

Thanks martynh99,

Can you please try changing your My Virgin Media password, then re-signing into the app?

Alex_Rm

martynh99
On our wavelength

That made no difference.

Thanks for confirming, so I can take a closer look at things I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm