cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Broadband Provision at New House

loughor
Tuning in

I'm on VM . My son is moving from my place to a rented house and wants to get VM there. It is available according to a post code search. What he can not find out is whether VM have an existing cable into that property so he can use the quick start service. There are no hints as whom to contact or how on the VM site and I doubt calling 150 would get me to the right person. We thought "live chat" but any link for that is dead - useless.

Does anyone know how we could ascertain whether the rented house is cabled or not? Hoping to get a VM 'phone number or email. I thought going to a store but the Store Locator doesn't work so I have no idea if the one near here still exists. Also yes, the landlord or letting agent should know but they don't seem to.

VM/O2 is certainly coy about helping online.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

If you go to the postcode checker and then progress to step 3 of the order process (which you can then abandon if you want) it should give you the relevant install options for your son's address.

Eg 

Screenshot_20230604-143650.png

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

If you go to the postcode checker and then progress to step 3 of the order process (which you can then abandon if you want) it should give you the relevant install options for your son's address.

Eg 

Screenshot_20230604-143650.png

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

loughor
Tuning in

Thanks for the reply. I am unable to view your image. It is just a triangle, I'm afraid. If you are saying to do a faux order which he doesn't have to complete, it will give that information? If "yes" then that's a good solution. Thanks.

I am indeed. Best of luck. 

loughor
Tuning in

Case closed, then. Thanks again for the speedy solution.