cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Broadband Installation Issues

Conthemnations
Joining in

I have just received my quickstart home installation package but do not have a virgin media socket in my new house. It's not possible to create a live chat, I have been unable to contact the help centre by phone and I have no idea whether or not I need to book an engineer. There is an old openreach socket with a coax cable underneath, but in no way connected. I have plugged in my virgin media hub 3 into this connection but just get a green flashing light. The app says my services aren't connected yet but I think this just hasn't updated. Do I need to book an engineer to install a virgin socket or is there no alternative option? 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can try the suggestions for other things you can check in the post below, answering the same recent question

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Wall-socket/m-p/5116757#M213169

if no use, and you don't have any kind of connection, you'll need to request a technician installation via the pre-installation team, or wait for a reply here from the VM forum team, usually within a day or two.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Conthemnations,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear the media socket is no where to be found.

We would normally pass security with you and arrange a Manned Installation, but it looks like you have beaten us to it and arranged this already.

Can you please let us know how the visit goes,

Gareth_L