Menu
gengis321
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box activation error code 7400

Hi, please can anyone help. I plugged in my new V6 box, I get only about 3 channels and an error box floating around the screen code 7400.

I got through on text chat after 2 hours of waiting. They said I have to have an engineer out. The soonest they can come out is 23rd December. An entire week away! 

So I now have no TV in the run up to Christmas. Is there anything I can do? I'm sure all it needs is the box registering properly, but the text chat person insists I need an engineer. 

Thanks Adam

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box activation error code 7400

Hi Adam,

The agent may have notices an error with the backend systems which is preventing the activation, however you can try the following.

Call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos